Jan 5 2010

When to change the plan?

new_direcrtionHonestly I wouldn’t be the best person to answer this question but I do believe my intuition and my heart never lead me wrong. I’m working on a project at home which I’ve spent months researching and planning. Once I begin to execute my plan and experimenting with it, I got it right once, and every other time it was a disaster (lets just say it’s a consumable product :-) ). I thought to my self, “I can’t do this!” I tried again and again, another disaster…lol I refused to give up and chalk all that time up to nothing. So I started looking at ways I could salvage all the knowledge gained during the process to still be successful. Once I took that journey it led me in a new direction for my project. This new direction is related to my original idea, but it’s simpler to get off the ground and allows for more growth opportunities in the future. After all that rambling here’s how I sum it up:

“I starting working on an idea and spent months researching, then failed. That failure led me to an even better idea that has more room for growth. The piece I failed on is now Phase II of my master plan. It wasn’t all for nothing…”

49 Comments on this post

Trackbacks

1. Jermaine said:

I can’t wait to see how this turns out. Your drive keeps my drive going. Keep up the good work dude.

January 5th, 2010 at 1:54 pm
  2. emdoozie said:

Thanks Man, I just refuse to give up. I keep failing but every little attempt at success is taking me somewhere. Not sure yet, but some where…lol

January 6th, 2010 at 9:23 am
  3. Solomon Williams said:

Do as I do and always keep the KISS principle in the back of your mind. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KISS_principle. Also failing only makes you smarter – it took me a hott minute to get my concept down!

January 13th, 2010 at 7:54 am
  4. luxury apartments said:

It might be fun to be around other people your age for awhile, and it might help you ease out of homeschooling. Going straight from homeschooling to college is a shock.

January 14th, 2010 at 9:01 am
  5. used tires said:

Everytime you fail, try again, but make sure you analyze the gains if any from your experience. If there was none, rethink about retrying if you feel it's a lost cause and maybe try another area.

Till then,

Jean

February 3rd, 2010 at 11:27 am
  6. luxury apartments said:

Generally not. Most employer plans do not permit a rollover until you terminate employment (and they are not required to allow it). Read the specific plan provisions for your plan.

February 5th, 2010 at 11:46 am
  7. honeymoon Sydney said:

The mouseover pushes out the section header titles, but great point – those sections are all virtually the same. … We’ll re-think this part.

March 3rd, 2010 at 8:13 am
  8. Community said:

Unfortunately, being outside of your open enrollment window the insurance carrier is not obligated to allow any changes to your coverage so you would remain on your plan until next year.

March 3rd, 2010 at 1:40 pm
  9. irish pub said:

what plan have you changed???

March 8th, 2010 at 11:45 am
  10. pub table said:

If you don't have to have the drawings for buidling permits or other legal reasons, many contractors can make the modifications without a formal revised set of drawings.

You might want to do a web search for online drafting services. Below is just one such company

March 17th, 2010 at 11:58 am
  11. Laptop Briefcase said:

At least you are trying to learn from your failures. Many people get overly discouraged by failure and end up quitting altogether. Sometimes unexpected obstacles do come up. It is up to you to figure out if those obstacles are too great to overcome or if you need to adjust your plan accordingly.

March 19th, 2010 at 8:08 pm
  12. indiana Real Estate said:

Where do you go to sled? The only good place we’ve found is up at UAF, but I almost ran over a baby last time we went so I think we may need to find a less populated spot.

March 23rd, 2010 at 1:56 pm
  13. Billing System said:

Yes, i agree with Laptop Briefcase, we are learn to our failures or mistakes, then we can find out way of success.

March 30th, 2010 at 9:45 am
  14. honeymoon Sydney said:

One interesting idea I'm not sure if it's being used is to watch the nameserver query statistics to "pre-report" comment spams. My experience running MT for a few sites is that the comment spamming comes in vast, crushing waves that create load spikes. The system could then auto-list URIs for moderation (rather than outright blocking). I suspect this would be quite effective.

April 2nd, 2010 at 3:18 am
  15. indiana Real Estate said:

I tried to draw manga once too.. Lemme see, you wanna draw some "mecha" as I see. There should be love

April 5th, 2010 at 2:40 pm
  16. pub table said:

my business plane is daily change because it is very difficult.

April 8th, 2010 at 3:25 am
  17. indiana Real Estate said:

Whats plan i change please tell me i not completely understand this matter.

April 8th, 2010 at 10:56 am
  18. web designing tips said:

Hi all my or every one person change hear plan according to situation thanks for sharing.

April 9th, 2010 at 12:42 pm
  19. pub table said:

If I get a certain cell phone plan can I change the plan later to a different plan?

April 10th, 2010 at 3:35 am
  20. Baby Hampers said:

A really excellent project I think! One of the scariest things for a developer new to the FOSS world is not really knowing the conventions and established workflows for getting involved…at least it was for me, and still is to some degree because I forget things quickly nowadays :D

April 15th, 2010 at 6:55 am
  21. honeymoon Sydney said:

They won't care until they are effected directly there is way to much drama surrounding this by the media & fake exxon science. Facebook is now converting to coal energy!!

April 26th, 2010 at 4:00 am
  22. indiana Real Estate said:

Hi i never change my plan all is my strong plan always i agree with us thanks fore great sharing.

April 26th, 2010 at 9:41 am
  23. honeymoon Sydney said:

I love the repeated blatant acknowledgments (in the hearing video) that interdiction/supply side policy has no value in reducing drug harm in the united states – that they need to do this for other reasons. Not that its exactly a great thing to hear your own government admit, but we've all been screaming for years that they dont do this to "help" us, and its about time they own up to it.

May 4th, 2010 at 12:02 pm
  24. Baby Hampers said:

I'd be more interested in them looking for high quality level designers, scenario planners, and lead designers with experience implementing iron sights. You know, things that might have made Halo good or something.

May 5th, 2010 at 7:02 am
  25. indiana Real Estate said:

Hi why i change my plan all design is very true and also very strong.

May 5th, 2010 at 8:32 am
  26. Komodo Dragons said:

You definitely learn from your failures, without failures, how can you make progress? At lest that is the way I see it.

May 5th, 2010 at 2:44 pm
  27. pub table said:

Hi i never change my plan my all plan is very strong and every day be strong that is very beneficial in my life.

May 8th, 2010 at 10:09 am
  28. pub table said:

May 8th, 2010 at 10:09 am
  29. Baby Hampers said:

I thought “NEW NASA” would work too. In any case the dearth of sensible headlines (they really are backwards) tells you how much the media cares, and by extension how much people care.

May 11th, 2010 at 10:08 am
  30. honeymoon Sydney said:

Tunney told the business owners Thursday that he understands the woes of displaced businesses, having twice had to move his Ann Sather's restaurant on Belmont Avenue. He said the businesses would either "find a way to either get back in the development or find another opportunity" to move elsewhere.

May 18th, 2010 at 2:06 pm
  31. Community said:

Many people get overly discouraged by failure and end up quitting altogether. Sometimes unexpected obstacles do come up. It is up to you to figure out if those obstacles are too great to overcome…

May 21st, 2010 at 10:28 am
  32. honeymoon Sydney said:

These are all part of a comprehensive, responsible strategy for dealing with climate change. We are taking a sensible approach to a complicated issue. And we are committed to dealing with it on the basis of cold facts and hard science.

June 2nd, 2010 at 11:19 am
  33. Community said:

i am wondering if i need to change my plan or anything after i get an htc touch. I already have unlimited internet so I don't see a reason to get a plan change but i am not sure.

June 3rd, 2010 at 8:45 am
  34. honeymoon Sydney said:

Look at these headlights, grille, side-view mirrors, fantastic! Then look at the production version..

June 17th, 2010 at 6:03 am
  35. Real Estate In India said:

thanks for nice post sharing telling about your plan change. but i say that never any person change her plan. all is very nice and also very informative sharing.

June 25th, 2010 at 8:12 am
  36. honeymoon Sydney said:

Yes the test was pretty accurate for me as well besides the fact that I would like to work for myself, adn be in full control. Though it did hint at it stating I am the type to seek power and be a leader. Interesting…

July 1st, 2010 at 10:04 am
  37. web designer kanpur said:

I find here a good way to change the plan?There is a strong temptation to stick to the plan because amid the confusion any change can look a lot like chaos. It is really nice instruction.

July 10th, 2010 at 10:39 am
  38. tires said:

@Laptop well said, I agree with what you are saying about people getting discouraged.

Till then,

Jean

July 13th, 2010 at 6:42 am
  39. marine products said:

Hi Nabeki! I would like you send to me new post! i would like help Oregon’s wolves!Thank you!

July 14th, 2010 at 4:37 am
  40. Bidet said:

You should always stay with the plan till it does not work anymore, if you dont see results after a while then you should change to a new plan

July 21st, 2010 at 6:57 pm
  41. marine products said:

What are some potential problems that might occur in the middle of a change plan?

July 23rd, 2010 at 9:28 am
  42. marine products said:

I'm currently a part of a family plan with AT&T. Our contract is up and I'm going to branch out on my own plan. Will I lose my number because I'm going with my own plan?

August 3rd, 2010 at 6:22 am
  43. Community said:

That's why its very important to review the information and make sure it is correct before open enrollment ends.

November 30th, -0001 at 12:00 am
  44. domain appraisal said:

Making plan is always a good habit. It help anyone to work hard for achieving their targets. But if he/she get fails easily can move to next plan. This is a really excellent read for me. Must admit that you are one of the best blogger I ever saw. Thanks for posting this useful article.

November 30th, -0001 at 12:00 am
  45. New Projects Mumbai said:

thanks a lot

November 30th, -0001 at 12:00 am
  46. Community said:

Very nice to see — this move is much appreciated by those of us supporting free, open-source projects via GS. Thanks for the reconsideration.

November 30th, -0001 at 12:00 am
  47. car battery said:

I think the time to change the plan is when you have exhausted all options that are feasible. Until then, keep trying new ideas as you never know when it might click.

November 30th, -0001 at 12:00 am
  48. nasik property said:

Very nice and Informative post i like this,Keep

Continue