Mar 16 2010

A Note for my FaceBook friends about Network Marketing

network-marketingI will never get involved in Network Marketing ever again. Unless I’m part owner of the company who “really” owns the business. Here is the note I wrote to my FaceBook friends.

The FaceBook Note I wrote:

I have noticed a new burst of Network Marketers in my circle of friends and new contacts. I know it has a lot to do with the economy, job loss and people wanting to be their own boss. Yes, I know when you are in Network Marketing as soon as you say these phrases to me:

• I found this great new opportunity I want to share with you (not giving any details…)
  • I’m building a new team in your area, and this is a ground floor opportunity…
  • Would you like to make an extra $1,500 a month working from home…
  • What if I told you you could make [insert $ amount] by [insert clever activity from home]
  • What if you could make a ton of money just by purchasing the products you already use..
  • etc. etc. etc.

Now that I have sort of clarified who’s in network marketing and some of the things I hear when someone is about to approach me, lets talk about why I’m no longer interested. The thing is I have no problems with network marketing or the business model. It’s actually a smart model for “companies who run them”. They build a legion of people who use their products religiously not because they really like them, but in order to stay “active” long enough to land a bunch of people underneath them to make some money, hopefully a lot. The longer you stay “active” the more money “the company” makes. If you are a great salesman or pitch person and know you can get people to join at the drop of a hat GO FOR IT! But don’t ask me and here’s why…

I have done multiple Network Marketing businesses in my early thirst for independence & entrepreneurship. One of which I was growing fast after 2 years in the business when the company (who really owned the business) decided they wanted to embezzle money and go out of business. Where did that leave me and all the people I had recruited, and the people they recruited? No where, no business, no money. I will say it helped my public speaking skills tremendously, so that was a plus i take from it…

Here is my thing, when I do get my business started it has it to belong to me, where I determine my success or failure. Joining Network Marketing only makes me a slave to whatever the parent company is selling. I have learned that if you start a business where you don’t control your product, inventory, service, etc. you can be fired at any time by the company who does (just like a job). In Network Marketing all you can control is how much you buy and nothing else, not the people you recruit, the products/services or anything else. When then parent company decides they want to sell, change their product line, go mainstream and kill the networking model, your in the tank. You will have to start from scratch with another company…

For all these reasons I choose to start a business where I control everything. The product, how it’s made, where it’s sourced, how much it will cost, etc. That’s the business model for me. If you think you want to start a real business you actually “own” you need to start by figuring out what you love and are passionate about and find a way to turn that into money.

Ideas…

• Go to http://success.alibaba.com/ and look for suppliers to help you create a new product or buy things you love wholesale to market online, or sell in a brick and mortar store…
  • Start a blog (website) talking about the thing your passionate about and get paid for advertising. http://wordpress.org/ or http://problogger.com/ are great resources for that.
  • Think up a good idea and sell it to someone who has the means to bring it to life.
  • Keep your day job and stay open minded till you get that great idea, then once you do make it happen

Point is, I WILL NOT GET INTO ANYMORE BUSINESSES WHERE I AM NOT IN CONTROL OF MY DESTINY. If you can make it happen in Network Marketing that is wonderful, go for it. But make you sure you save the money you make to invest in a business you actually “own” after you are done. Better yet, start a business who model is Network Marketing then you’ll have millions of people selling for you…

THAT IS ALL HAVE A BLESSED DAY AND DO WHAT EVER YOU THINK WILL TAKE YOU TO YOUR DREAMS!!!

83 Comments on this post

Trackbacks

1. Skydiving Sydney said:

One question, what's the difference between Network Marketing and Internet Marketing?

July 7th, 2010 at 4:01 pm
  2. Laptop Briefcase said:

I completely agree. If your network marketing company ditches you, it's not like you can easily switch things over to a new company. You'd be forced to start back at square one. With affiliate marketing it is quite common to switch out advertisers with no problems.

July 7th, 2010 at 11:10 pm
  3. web designer kanpur said:

I think it is really a great way to join community of social networking.The best way to get people to join your group is through personal invitation – so get busy inviting your friends who are already in Facebook.

July 10th, 2010 at 10:33 am
  4. marine products said:

It's so hard to get approved by facebook ads. They don't normally approve capture pages and they didn't even approve my sandwitch page:

July 14th, 2010 at 4:34 am
  5. irish pub said:

I have some other questions about network marketing.I have been presented in gold quest network,and I do not know it.Please help me about.i have no time. Thanks a lot.

July 21st, 2010 at 8:57 am
  6. Bidet said:

Great post, its always good to be in control of your business and always have control if you don't it can be a bad thing.

July 21st, 2010 at 6:48 pm
  7. stag do said:

Set up a quick blog on how you lost weight with , this product. Praise the product. say how great it is, etc. Show some pictures of before and after. Really, go to the products landing page and use so of its content.

July 22nd, 2010 at 5:49 am
  8. stag do said:

In terms of paying for ads in facebook, I will bet that less than 1% of those who even use paid advertising for their MLM know how to do this, and it is definitely somethinig I'm going to look into.

July 22nd, 2010 at 5:50 am
  9. marine products said:

Does anyone want to be my friend on facebook? I sort of want some more friends but I don't know who to ask. So… yeah. If you want to be my friend, type in Stephanie Ng and I should be the first person on the page.

July 23rd, 2010 at 9:26 am
  10. Community said:

Network marketing is the way to go if you have a full time job and you need extra money. Or if you are just getting ready to retire and you want to have residual income coming in inside of your short 401k coming in.

July 24th, 2010 at 7:21 am
  11. honeymoon Sydney said:

Facebook allows you to send group invitations to all of the contacts in your Outlook, Hotmail, Gmail, and Yahoo accounts………..

July 26th, 2010 at 9:28 am
  12. Community said:

i have a bunch of friends on facebook, but ive noticed that everyone has mutual friends (which i know that they r people that u know who u have stuff in common) but idk how to get mutual friends. help?

July 28th, 2010 at 4:42 am
  13. irish pub said:

Not impressed so far. Not able to view “all friends” without first creating and adding them into a filtered list. For those people with a lot of friends this is going to be very time consuming. Surely being able to view them all then filtering down to reduce the viewable list would have been more logical.

July 29th, 2010 at 3:51 am
  14. stag do said:

I think these softwares are made by the same company. I use the elite but it looks the same as the blaster and is very the same. Both are very good for saving time but you have to be careful not to add too much people in a small time.

July 29th, 2010 at 9:04 am
  15. honeymoon Sydney said:

I think Facebook is very powerful way to establish good relationships and pre-built your relationships with your network marketing prospects.

July 31st, 2010 at 11:21 am
  16. tires said:

@Laptop, I know what you are saying there, I had a friend who tried to pitch to me…I always say if you have to resort to "friends" to pitch your ideas to, then you really should find a different alternative to make money, because eventually your friends is gonna run out.

Till then,

Jean

August 1st, 2010 at 10:52 am
  17. irish pub said:

August 2nd, 2010 at 2:58 am
  18. irish pub said:

Great post! Network marketing takes time. If you have no time, you won't make much money. You need to dedicate two or three hours a day to your business.

August 2nd, 2010 at 2:59 am
  19. honeymoon Sydney said:

One of the aspects of Facebook is the “news feed” that is updated every time one of your friends changes status or does something such as commenting or adding information to their profile.

August 2nd, 2010 at 4:31 am
  20. marine products said:

I used to be able to click all friends and see all friends on facebook but now I can only see specific friends. I used to be able to click on see all friends under my friends profile on facebook

August 3rd, 2010 at 6:21 am
  21. pub table said:

It’s the man who waits for his ship to come in who’s always missing the boat”. Anonymous The difference between Success And Failure in Network Marketing.

22. kennel dogs said:

i had over 250 friends on facebook ,but when i added view my online friends application nearly all my friends vanished ,any body know why?

23. web designer kanpur said:

I think it is really great platform with have good community with have nice suggestion.I am totally satisfy with your article on this topic….

24. Roasted Coffee said:

Thanks for all the essential tips. Facebook is really the best platform to build your network.
    I just love both twitter and facebook, both are really awesome social networking sites and I'm getting
    tremendous benefit from both.

25. web designer Jhansi said:

Friend you are doing great job. Carry on…………
    I am agree with your thinking.Thanks .
    I hope in future I will find new and more good things…………………….

26. pub table said:

Network marketing is a means of distribution that allows you to earn income from the efforts of many. It’s through this ‘leveraging’ of your time that allows you to earn unlimited income; income that can continue to flow even when you are not working. Some of the benefits of network marketing include: being able to set your own hours, the ability to earn unlimited income, low start up cost, and no stocking of inventory – just to name a few. Of course, you can have fun and make a lot of new friends, while you earn money too!

27. Community said:

yes – it's finally official! If you need your page redesigned to 520px please feel free to cntact us for a competitive quote

28. printing said:

The best way to get people to join your group is through personal invitation, so get busy inviting your friends who are already in Facebook and Twitter.

29. Aluminum Cases said:

Exactly. Desperate network marketers keep hammering away at their friends without realizing they may be jeopardizing their friendships. Eventually your friends will get sick of it and will start avoiding you.

30. indiana Real Estate said:

You should be able to be successful without having to pitch sale your friends, in the end they are just gonna lose friends that way.

31. web designer kanpur said:

These are really good guidelines of FaceBook friends about Network Marketing.

32. aurangabad said:

Very nice and Informative post i like this,Keep Continue

November 30th, -0001 at 12:00 am
  33. http://hcgweightlossresults.blogspot.com/2007/10/1st-day-starting-over-58-pounds-lost.html?m=1 said:

Wonderful, what a website it is! This webpage presents valuable data to

us, keep it up.